The Roman theatre, also known as the Amphitheatre, was built under the reign of emperor Trajan in the 2nd century. It holds around 7.000 seats in different sections named after the city sections with the names engraved on the benches to guide the citizens where to sit. The theatre was sadly damaged by Attila the Hun in the 5th century. It is used for performances of many kinds during the summer.
In the Church of the Virgin Mary is kept a valuable icon of the Virgin Mary Eleusa from 1310 (brought from Georgia). The museum of the monastery has a rich exhibition of church plate, icons and books.